Thursday 19 June 2014

The World Keeps Turning

song of the day - I Couldn't Explain Why by Citizen Cope
If money and time were no object I'd travel the world and study social anthropology. I'd drink unmentionable amounts of caffeine (because I totally do not do that now), and take photographs every where I went. And at the end of a hard months travelling I would go home again, to my beautifully decorated flat.
Alas, a lack of money always gets in the way. Or at least a fear of money gets in the way. Money does scare me quite a bit, especially when thinking about the future. Sometimes when I remember that money is just for the living I'll buy myself something really nice. Like my cameras, or makeup, or books.
I'm nosey as sin, so studying people and culture would be a dream come true. It's fascinating. People are fascinating. I love knowing why people do things. How things came about. What the point of everything is. I'm like an inquisitive toddler sometimes. I was brought up between three different cultures, and they all sort of melding together to make me who I am. The majority of my friends were split between two different cultural backgrounds when I was younger; one where religion was everything, and one where it was not. Now there's a lot of in between.
The world has so much to offer, and so do the people in it. There are always new things to learn, and do, and create. Just because someone else might be able to do it better doesn't mean you can't give it a try to. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Don't forget to wear sunscreen.
Rubi
BloglovinInstagramTwitterPinterest
(this post is pretty much unedited, I just went on a ramble)

1 comment:

  1. I love your ending! Fail again. Fail better. That is going into my journal (not in a creepy way!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig