Thursday 22 May 2014

I've been drinking

song of the day- Drunk in Love by Beyonce
A few months ago I started a 101 things in 1001 days challenge, and one of my tasks is to bake cupcakes. I wanted to try my hand at pinata cupcakes, but I ate the chocolate beans before I'd even turned the oven on. So instead I decided to bake regular old fairy cakes. The first batch (using Asda plain base mix) didn't turn out so well. I think it was because the instructions had the over on too low, so the cakes dipped and burned. For the second batch I tried this recipe from the BBC website, and they worked great! I did have them in the over for around 25 minutes, rather than the 10-15 recommended in the recipe.











Do you enjoy baking? Have you made anything recently?

Rubi xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love baking! I'm glad the second batch worked. :) I made Rainbow cupcakes one (the recipe is on our blog somewhere), it took agggges but they looked amazing!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently baked orange pistachio biscotti! The post won't load on my blog for some reason, but I was pretty proud of myself haha. You should try making some, they taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig