Thursday 10 April 2014

Of the bluebirds when she sings

song of the day - Daydream Believer by the Monkeys
Spring is here. Flowers are in bloom, bare legs are everywhere, and the sun is out. Kind of. So today I'm going to share a few of my favourite trends for Spring 2014. I very much look forward to seeing these trends on the streets (and the blogs).
First up is the slip dress. I've been rewatching a few of my childhood favourites recently (Sister, Sister, In The House, Fresh Prince, and a few Mary Kate and Ashley films), and what the stars of the day were wearing is what are in shops again.
The slip dress is light and flowy, and can be layered for safety (I've yet to find a slip dress that doesn't slip a little too much).
l-r Asos £35, Zara £45.99, Topshop £65, Asos £22.

Next up is a year round favourite of mine. Wide leg trousers. I've been looking for a good pair since January, but until recently I couldn't find them anywhere. I've spotted a lovely pair in Zara that I may purchase next time I go shopping.
l-r Zara £19.99, River Island £35, Forever 21 £16.75£19.75.

l-r Rebecca Taylor, BurberryDKNY.
Of course, what would spring be without an abundance of pastel shades. Right now I'm really loving the pale blue that seems to be everywhere. I'm not too fond of the name of this colour, according to Pantone it is 'Placid Blue', but what can you do.
l-r Select £8 & £10.99, New Look £7, Zara £25.99.

What trends are you looking forward to seeing in the coming months?

Rubi xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love the blue Zara top with the ribbon on the back. Small details are always so pretty.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty slip dresses, I really like the ASOS one!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby blue colour for spring! I need some wide legged trousers aswell they are so stylish but easy to wear xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig