Wednesday 30 April 2014

Get mentions for it

song of the day - Juice by Chance the Rapper
Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
Last summer I had a go at Bout of Books, a week long read-a-thon (read the official blurb above), and
one of my 101 things in 1001 days tasks is to take part in another bout. The next Bout starts in 12 days, and I cannot wait to get started!
I've already decided on the goals I am setting for myself, wish me luck!
Goals
  1. Read a self help book
  2. Read The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
  3. Read 1,000 pages
  4. Take part in at least 1 challenge
I will be updating this post with my progress.

Updates
Monday
Pages read: 14
Total Number of books read: 0
Challenges completed: If you like X, try Y
Not a great day page wise. Hopefully with tomorrow off I can get a lot read.
Tuesday
Pages read: 257 (271)
Total Number of books read: 0
Challenges completed: None.
Wednesday
Pages read: 0 (271)
Total Number of books read: 0
Challenges completed: 0
Well, today was a fail. 
Thursday
Pages read: 43 (314)
Total Number of books read: 1
Challenges completed: 0
Well, at least one of my goals has been completed. By the looks of it it might be the only one.
Friday
Pages read: 15 (329)
Total Number of books read: 1
Challenges completed: 0
Saturday
Pages read: 247 (576)
Total Number of books read: 1
Challenges completed: 0
Sunday
Pages read: 0 (576)
Total Number of books read: 1
Challenges completed: 0

So, this was not the most sucesful read-a-thon for me. I managed to complete 2 of my goals (numbers 1 and 4). For the self help book I read The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli. It feels like I've been none stop for the past few weeks. 

Rubi xxx

5 comments:

  1. I love reading self-improvement book. And my favourite author is Jack Canfield <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definietely check his books out, thank you!
      Rubi x

      Delete
  2. Last spring was my first Bout of Books and I've done it every time since... now I can't imagine not participating. Looks like you have some great goals. Good luck getting to 1000 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of self-help book do you want to read? I hope you get to achieve everything :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any self help book, I just want to see if reading one would actually benefit me. I've bought The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli, which is supposed to show you "simple errors we all make in our day-to-day life.". Thank you!
    Rubi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig